26 June 2020 – The Makati Business Club held its Annual Membership Meeting for 2020 and conducted the elections for five (5) Board seats today. This is the first time MBC has conducted its annual membership meeting and elections online.
Chairman Edgar Chua reported that, in keeping with MBC’s constant push for global competitiveness and good government“ even as these change in name and emphasis through the decades”, corporate tax and incentives reform was a high priority last year. MBC also engaged Metro Manila mayors to strengthen relations between LGUs and the business community.
Amid the current crisis, “we have also supported, and continue to support, the government by providing resources, data, and advice bringing private sector perspective,” said Mr. Chua.
At the meeting, the following were elected to the board, serving until 2022:
- EDGAR O. CHUA, Cavitex Holdings. Corp.
- JOSE L. CUISIA, JR., The Covenant Car Company (Chevrolet)
- GUILLERMO D. LUCHANGCO, ICCP Group
- ROBERTO F. DE OCAMPO, Philippine Veterans Bank
- MANOLITO T. TAYAG, Accenture
They join the following trustees, who are serving until 2021:
- JOSE CARLITOS CRUZ, SGV & Co.
- DORIS MAGSAYSAY HO, A. Magsaysay Inc.
- RIZALINA G. MANTARING, former CEO, Sun Life Financial Phils.
- JOSE VICTOR PATERNO, Philippine Seven Corp.
- RAMON R. DEL ROSARIO, JR., PHINMA Corp.
- JAIME AUGUSTO ZOBEL DE AYALA, Ayala Corp.