Program Officer for Energy Sector
The Makati Business Club is hiring a program officer for energy for a 5-month project involving a series of high-level discussions on a Just Energy Transition Program in the Philippines.
The goal is to produce a report that identifies power plants that can be retired or converted to clean energy with financial support from multilateral and other advocates. Industry players, financial experts, government officials, and civil society representatives will participate. The project is in collaboration with Climate Smart Ventures, a transition and transaction advisory firm providing solutions to accelerate Asia’s energy transition and is funded in part by The Rockefeller Foundation to support the transition of the Philippine energy mix from largely coal to clean energy.
- Organize and help facilitate 4-5 technical working groups and roundtable discussions. This will involve identifying and inviting participants and working with partners on guide questions and moderation of RTDs and TWGs.
- Lead the writing of a summary of the discussions and recommendations.
- Help draft relevant public statements, press releases etc.
- Lead research, produce briefers, etc. on pending bills in the power sector (eg. enabling laws on natural gas, etc.)
- Provide inputs/assist in MBC’s policy initiatives on energy as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in the energy sector, preferably in renewable energy.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, political economy, and/or other related fields.
- Experience in facilitating and organizing small scale and large scale TWGs, RTDs, and consultations along with corresponding reports.