Freedom of Information Project Officer (Hybrid)
Makati Business Club is looking for Freedom of Information Project Officer. The job includes working with high-level executives, foreign and local stakeholders, and a young, fun, and dynamic staff — providing significant growth and leadership opportunities.
The FOI Project Officer will champion the passage of a National FOI Law and support the development of Local FOI ordinances by building the capacity and strengthening coordination among the private sector, civil society partners and emerging contributors in the transparency and democracy sphere.
He/She will report to the FOI Project Manager and be covered by an 6-month contract.
- Coordinate, and execute identified project activities, policy discussions with legislators, and meetings with local government officials;
- Support the development of reports, briefs, press statements, and other communication materials;
- Keep track of FOI bills and other transparency-related policies
- Develop and update stakeholder databases through mapping,
Research and identify emerging issues on FOI, good governance, transparency, and democracy;
- Maintain project documentation, monitor project progress, and provide other administrative and logistical support as may be required;
- All other technical and research support and tasks as appointed by the supervising officers.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in the fields related to public administration, political science, international relations, governance, global politics, etc.
- Excellent policy research, analysis, and advocacy skills
- Clear, clean, and concise writing and communication skills
- Organized and able to deliver tasks and milestones in a timely manner
- Project and Events coordination experience is a plus