Circular Economy Project Officer on Sustainability
Makati Business Club is looking for one (1) Policy Lead, with expertise in circular economy (especially on the Extended Producer’s Responsibility Act) to lead a project with the Embassy of the Netherlands in the Philippines and support MBC’s Sustainability Committee.
The project aims to support dialogue between government agencies and companies and to consult business stakeholders on the implementation of legislative measures on single-use plastics and Extended Producers’ Responsibility. Another key goal is to showcase existing Dutch and European examples of successful circular economy policy as possible best practices.
Project engagement is for seven (07) months. This role will be supported by a project lead.
- Coordinate with high-level business representatives and government agencies
- Provide policy research support for policy briefs, statements and recommendations to government agencies re: implementation of the Extended Producer’s Responsibility Act among other legislative measures
- Assist in monitoring project progress and collecting data on key performance indicators, and prepare detailed reports for the organization’s leadership and relevant stakeholders
- Organize briefings, events, roundtable discussions related to the project
- Handle other administrative and logistical aspects of the project
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, economics, political science, public management, or any related course
- At least two (2) years experience in policy advocacy and/or project management
- Experience in organizing events and stakeholder meetings a plus
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and summarize large amounts of data/information
- Strong communication skills, with an emphasis on excellent writing skills